Our Motto: Teach. Serve. Provide.
Volunteer Opportunity for Transfer Students
The purpose of the community service project is to connect transfer students with the Bryan/College Station community. The TSProject focuses on developing and supporting community leadership through participation in off campus volunteer opportunities. Transfer students will feel linked and therefore prosper as community members because of their involvement in an organization outside of campus.
TSP Volunteer Partners
How Habit for Humanity works?
- Through volunteer labor and donations.
- Homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.
- Habitat houses are sold to partner families at no profit and financed with affordable loans.
- The homeowners’ monthly mortgage payments are used to build still more Habitat houses
How Twin City Mission works?
- Providing a home for the homeless,
- Being a friend to the friendless and giving hope to the hopeless,
- Foundation of support for those in need through:
- Household Items
Why volunteer: (according to Texas A&M Career Center)
- Volunteer work and community service are both excellent ways for students to gain some experience in career fields in which they are interested. Some organizations are not able to hire interns or part-time staff and, therefore, they use volunteers to perform many important tasks.
- Volunteer opportunities and community service will impress future employers and help to develop contacts in your Aggie’s area of career interest.
Develop and increase your: (adapted from Brookhaven College)
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Teaching skills
- Explore career opportunities
- Acquire experiences you can use on your rèsumè and add to your scholarship and financial aid applications
- Be respectful when participating at the program
- Dress appropriately
- Not participate in anything they feel uncomfortable doing
- Have FUN!
How to Volunteer
We (TSP) will send out an email asking for volunteers to sign up electronically through an RSVP at the beginning of each month. Volunteer once or as often as you wish during that month, but please know that volunteer opportunities are limited and are on a first come-first serve basis. You are always welcome to contact us at any time to ask about volunteer opportunities!
To inquire about volunteer opportunities with TSP:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 979.458.4900