Transfer Student Peer Mentors are available throughout the week, Monday through Friday, to meet with new and returning transfer students to welcome you to the university, answer questions, make referrals, assist in finding resources, offer one-on-one academic support (i.e., improving study habits, share note taking tricks, tips on reading smarter not harder, test prepping) and acclimate transfer students to TAMU campus as well as the surrounding Bryan/College Station area.
How to Stay in the Loop
- Check your TAMU email often. Peer mentors send their office hours weekly
- Add Transfer Student Program firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts
- Join email@example.com Google Circles; you will receive an invite to join from TSP mentors
Ways to Meet Your Mentor
Make an appointment online using SWAN
- No limit to how often transfer students can meet with peer mentors
- No question too simple or inconsequential
- All transfers welcome
- Walk Ins welcome between 10-4 PM, Monday-Thursday.
|Meet with a TSP mentor from your college or any mentor you choose by making a face-to-face, phone or online (Google Hangouts) appointment. Office is located on the 9th and 10th Floor of Rudder Tower; TSP is open Monday-Thursday, 9-8 PM and Friday, 9-3 PM. You may also email you mentor and request a time that works best with your schedule (mentors emails) Mentoring Support Offered: View PDF
Visit our Satellite Stations
Once a week a TSP Mentor hosts their office hours at one of our twsatellite stations for you convenience.
Location 1: 2nd floor of Evans Library (outside of the Writing Center)
Location 2: 2nd floor of West Campus library
Location 3: 1st floor of MSC (12th Man Hall)